Tips for checking an analog
(film-based) proof for accuracy:
- Make sure the proof is the correct size and that it is at 100%.
- Make sure the proof is in register by checking the registration marks.
- Check for scratches, dust or any other marks that would be on the film.
- Check the text. Line up the proof with a laser copy to check for line endings,
correct color, and correct typeface. It should have been proofread and checked
for accuracy before this step, but it is a good idea to check it again to
- Check all of the images. Are they clear and sharp with good color? If you